CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pennsylvania...nothing was resolved...so ON TO THE CONVENTION IN DENVER!!

Many people had hoped that the people in Pennsylvania would tell Hillary Clinton to drop out of the Democratic Presidential Nomination race, and yet she is still in the race! I personally don't have any issue with her staying in the race, it is her right to stay in the race as long as there is no obvious nominee(and neither has the 2024 delegates needed to secure it). I can also understand her dropping out...it took her husband until April to win the Nomination in 1992. And once he was declared the nominee, the party coalesced around him. I can only hope that feelings aren't hurt enough to prevent a reconciliation on the floor of the Convention. And I also hope that the Dems have learned from the McGovern mistake and are looking into the backgrounds of potential VPs, even if we don't have a nominee for Pres. yet. I would hate for the ticket be humiliated by something in the VP cand.'s past. But I would like for Clinton(1? 2? 3?) to really consider toning down the rhetoric, we don't need to tear our own candidate down before the other side does. And I wonder why so many Democrats think that there are these vast differences between the policy positions of the two candidates: they both have odd ideas of what universal healthcare(read mandatory insurance) should be, they both wanna get out of Iraq, they both see the value in diplomacy, and they both wanna get rid of tax cuts that hurt the economy more than they help. I have said this to say that people should be willing to vote for Obama if he is the nominee, I mean if Clinton bows out at the convention and endorses him, then accept it and hope for it another time. But I do stand by the statement I have made before, if Clinton doesn't overtake Obama in pledged delegates without poaching his delegates, and is selected by the superdelegates I will be changing my party affiliation and voting for Obama anyway as a write-in...and if that doesn't work...I'll vote for Nader just to make sure she knows she doesn't have a mandate from the people just because our representatives chose her. and I am also willing to vote for another person in my city's congressional primary if my congressman ignores the fact that Obama represents the voice of his constituents. The rationale for this decision is that one doesn't represent me if your ideas aren't in line with mine. Let me know your thoughts on the matter.

1 comments:

Lucky said...

but we have to vote Democrat...
if people are all, "Obama or nothing," McCain will get all the votes! Didn't that happen before, where all the votes got split up??
if another Repub becomes pres, i'm moving overseas...